Being the parent of a child between the ages of 1 and 3 is a very special time — and, sometimes, a very “special” time — that changes your day-to-day life in indelible ways. Changes that are noted in these Top 10 Signs YOU Are the Mother of a Toddler:
10. The lining of your purse is even stickier than a frat house floor.
9. You can read your child’s books to her without even looking at the pages.
8. If you had a dollar for every time you heard, “Mommy up! Mommy up!” you could buy Mark Zuckerberg’s life.
7. The backseat of your car could feed all of the birds migrating south for the winter.
6. You find yourself pleading, ”Can I pleeeaaase go to the potty by myself?” at least once a day.
5. Just when you think you are totally rocking the lyrics to “Wheels on a Bus,” you are interrupted by a little voice demanding, “Stop, Mommy, stop!”
4. You have very impressive arm muscles. On one side.
3. You only refer to yourself in the third person. With questionable grammar. (“Mommy get that for you!”)
2. You refuse to eat in public without a disguise. And a quick getaway car.
1. You are in line for a heart transplant. Because hearing “I love you, Mommy” for the first time made your heart burst with joy. Boom! Gone.